Highlights of Tendulkar's Test career
- Highest number of Test centuries (35), overtaking Sunil Gavaskar's record (34) on 10 December 2005 vs Sri Lanka in Delhi
- Fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. He holds this record along with Brian Lara. Both of them achieved this feat in 195 innings.
- 4th highest tally of runs in Test cricket (10,668)
- Career Average 54.70 - highest average among those who have scored over 10,000 Test runs
- Second Indian to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
Highlights of Tendulkar's ODI (One Day Internationals) career
- Highest ODI run-scorer in the world with 14,783 aggregate ODI runs (as of 13-Mar-2007)
- 41 ODI centuries - highest in the world
- Played most number of ODIs (381) (as of 13-Mar-2007)
- Played most number of consecutive ODI matches (185 matches from Sharjah, 1989/90 to Sharjah, 1997/98)
- Most Man of the Match (53!) awards
- Appeared on the most grounds (90 different grounds)
- Most ODI runs by any batsman in any given calendar year - 1,894 ODI runs in 1998
- Most Centuries by a player in one year - 9 ODI centuries in 1998
- Most centuries vs. Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
- Holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year. He has done it six times - 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2003.
- First cricketer and fastest cricketer to cross 10,000-run mark, 11,000-run mark, 12,000-run mark, 13,000 run-mark and 14,000 run-mark in ODIs
- Only cricketer to cross 14,000-run mark in ODIs
- One of only six players to pass 10,000 runs in ODIs (Sanath Jayasuriya, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara, and Inzamam ul Haq are the others)
- Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999)
Tendulkar's World Cup History & Records
- Most runs (1,732 at an average of 59.72) in World Cup Cricket History
- 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
- Player Of The World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.